Our Work with the National Probation Service
The National Probation Service:
- manages those offenders who pose the highest risk of harm
- is responsible for Multi Agency Public Protect Arrangements (MAPPA) working in partnership with the police and prison service to effectively manage high risk offenders in the community
- carries out risk of serious harm assessments for every offender
- advises the courts and the Parole Board
- manages the enforcement for most offenders
- runs Approved Premises (probation hostels)
- delivers the statutory victim scheme working with the victims (or their families) of serious violent of sexual offences.
The National Probation Service is part of the National Offender Management Service and the Ministry of Justice.
Visit the Ministry of Justice website for more information about the work of the National Probation Service.