Our purpose, strategy and values
We will work with our new owners, partners and communities to deliver excellent probation services with positive outcomes and thrive in a wider competitive environment.
- Reducing reoffending, protecting the public and rehabilitating service users
- Achieving excellent performance
- Building a sustainable business
- Positive leadership and engagement.
Our shared voice:
- "We enable people to achieve great things"
- "We pursue excellence in all we do"
- "We value difference"
- "We do what we say we will do"
- "We make a difference to our communities"
- "We believe in partnerships."
With a long and vibrant history of effective partnership working, we work collaboratively and responsibly with our statutory partners such as community safety partnerships, safeguarding boards and youth offending teams.
We also work with a range of service delivery partners across a variety of sectors - addictions, housing, health, employment and specialists who work with under-represented groups.
Supporting the Police, Prisons and the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) we are committed to building social capital and engaging with our local communities to make West Yorkshire a safer place to live.
How we work
We will maintain and promote public confidence in the probation system, placing ourselves in the heart of our communities, supporting our partners and empowering service users to make positive changes in their lives.
We value all our employees and are committed to improving communities to improving communication, engagement, recognition and reward.